Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Seasonal Friends

Feeling overwhelmingly grateful this entire week.  Grateful because Thursday night was a reminder to me that God is so good.

No matter what season I am in life, I’ve been blessed with just the right friends.  Seasonal friends.  If you move constantly like we do you know what I'm talking about. You know that with each move, each state, you bond fast, you bond strong.  You only have a season together, 2 years [maybe three if you’re lucky] so you make the best of every moment.  There’s little room for fights, drama, jealousy because you know, this is only for a season.

 I’ve moved five times in the seven years we’ve been married.   Away from family.  Away from friends.  BUT no matter where we have gone, God has always brought along just the right people to my life.  Early Europe pre baby shopping friends, new mommy let’s start a preschool together friends, short but fun friends, and now…. My dream neighborhood friends.

These ladies are more than just neighbors, we share life together.  I love these girls to the core.  They’ve seen me at my best and at my worst.  They know me and love me just the way I am.  I’m there for them and they are there for me.   They’re real.  We talk about life without having to sugar coat it.  Celebrate one another’s little victories and support one another’s struggles.   

The concert for us is a rare treat and it was perfect.  A memory for my treasure chest.  Carrie was spectacular.  But the one moment that filled me with gratitude was the song.   When she sang I Will Always Love You it triggered a time in the past for me and I couldn’t hold back the tears.  There in my emotion was an arm hugging me and comforting me.  In that moment, I was so thankful to have these friends for this season in my life.  So thankful that I can be real, be me. 

I know that God brought them into my life because they are just what I need.  It makes me sad to think about it.  I know one day we are going to have to pack up, move again, say goodbye.   But until then, I’m going to cherish sharing life with you ladies…. more pajama days, snow days, pool days, no makeup playing ball in the street, chasing after each other’s kids, staying sane, do you have “this” I can borrow, come over for dinner, maybe let’s BBQ kind of days.   

To all the ladies who I’ve had the pleasure to share life with in person, face to face for a season.... know that I am truly thankful for you and the time that we got to spend together. 


Enter your email address to subscribe to new posts:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

1 comment:

  1. So great to see how God is so faithful in blessing you with amazing friends wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete