Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2016

What I Hate About Fitness

 As I was sitting in my rabbit hole not wanting to get off my butt, God kept reminded me of his principle of reaping and sowing.  You know those parables Jesus talks about and the tail end of the verse Galatians 6:7 

  Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 

I want to reap all the benefits of someone who works out and eats right.  It's the sowing part, the putting in the effort that is sooo hard.  Can I get an AMEN?!

 I hate that fitness is like a relationship except in this relationship there are no hugs, warm fuzzies and kisses.   The rewards are not always visible, they are not tangible, but everyday fitness takes time, effort, and sacrifice.  Cooking healthy instead of eating out.  Veggies instead of rice crispy treats. Saying no to ice cream every night.  It's painful.

Just like with relationships and most of life, you really reap the benefits of what you sow.  I know when I'm actively and daily taking care of myself I reap more than just the physical.  I also reap the energy, a good mood, and confidence.  It's this principle and thought that got me to the gym today.

      

I jumped back into my weight lifting class.  I sadly downgraded my heavies and every squat  and lift shot pain through my muscles.   I know the faces I was making showed that I had been absent for awhile.   I may not be able to walk tomorrow, but I can tell you one thing as I write this after finishing up that class... I feel good.  

Maybe it's the endorphins, the feeling of mentally overcoming that barbell.  Maybe it's sticking around the entire class even though my body said leave.  Maybe it's sweating out the toxins or getting the mommy break of no one needing me for 45 minutes.  All I know is it feels GOOD to be back in the game.

Today's lesson is that you are always ONE DECISION away from a workout and having a carrot stick.  So when your brain starts to waver think about that verse and tell yourself.. I will reap what I sow.


No comments:

Post a Comment