Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Don't Believe Everything You Read

You may have read my post about wisdom HERE.  

 One of the things I want to do on this blog is share some books that I've been reading with you.  I use to think with the busy mom and wife life, I didn't have enough time to sit and read.  The truth was, I didn't want to make the time to read.  I didn't realize all that I was missing out on until I picked up Power of a Praying Wife.  

There is a book for everything.  Want to learn more on parenting? Marriage? Friends? Money?  Love Language?  Dealing with Anxiety, Depression, Stress, A Messy House?  There is a book for it! I try to find books in these areas that show me how to live based on God's word.  

With that said... I DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING I READ.  Why?  Because we are all human.  We all make mistakes.  Our thoughts are not God's thoughts.  Sometimes authors misinterpret, sometimes I have my own understanding, but that's part of being human.  I try to match up what I read and advice I'm given to what God's word says.  

I DON'T AGREE WITH EVERYTHING I READ.  BUT I don't discredit the entire book or author based on a few disagreements.  Why?  Because in those hundreds of pages there are some golden nuggets.  Most of the time, LOTS of golden nuggets.  There is value to some of the things being said and sometimes I know God is speaking to my personal life through these books. 

Tomorrow will be my first book review [of sort].  In these reviews I won't be pointing out what I don't believe or agree with but will instead share with you the golden nuggets.  I'm going to tell you how the book has impacted my life and my thoughts.  

So if you pick up a book I've reviewed, you may not agree with everything the author says but I implore you to find value in some of the things they are sharing.  

My hope is these reviews encourage you to pick up a book and start reading.  [Maybe that's the teacher in me].  I've learned so MUCH this past year and I didn't realize what I was missing out on.  Words are powerful.  I want to give credit where it's due.  My thoughts are not original and most of the things I share with you I've learned from someone else. I want to share these book with you because I want you to see that wisdom is readily available for anyone who seeks it.  


Enter your email address to subscribe to new posts:

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment