Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Going from Unhealthy to Healthy Takes Sacrifice

Today I want to sit and talk to you... the mom or grandma or girl sitting and reading this because you want to get healthy.  You want to lose a few pounds, feel good and confident about yourself.  You want to stop the crazy unhealthy cycle and give your kids a healthy future.  

This is on my heart because we are starting our next accountability group.  I'm thinking about what to say to the ladies.  I want to be an encouragement.  I want to tell them that THEY CAN DO IT!!   

I want to tell them it won't take a lot of work, not a lot of time, you can eat whatever you want.  Just do a little this and little that.  BUT this isn't true.  It does take work, it takes time, it takes a lot of sweat, consistency, self control, patience, you will give up portions, you will have to minimize the junk that goes in, eat out less, cook more, drink less sugar.  

Why?  Because going from an unhealthy lifestyle to a healthy one takes SACRIFICE.  You have to give something up in order to do something else or help someone else. 

In the process of my workout today I thought this....

This sacrifice I make to be healthy is on a small scale like the sacrifice I make to be a good mom.  I sacrifice my sleep to comfort the little one back to sleep.  I sacrifice some time for me to get ready so we all look decent,  I sacrifice spending money on me so it can go to them. 

 Being a good mom takes sacrifice, but I don't even think twice about it because those crazy little people I call my kids are worth it every day.  Seeing them grow up is such a reward.  It's worth every messy moment, it is worth all those little sacrifices.  Sure I grumble and complain about mommy hood at times, but it's less of a sacrifice now and just a way of life. 

To live healthy I have to sacrifice time somewhere in my schedule to workout.  I have to sacrifice processed sweets for more fruits and veggies.  Gigantic portions for smaller ones.  I have to sacrifice nightly desserts for a once a week affair.  

To be healthy it takes sacrifice but now I don't think twice about making those sacrifices because I know it's what is best for my body.  I know how good it feels when I'm taking care of myself.  I see how my stress level goes down and I'm yelling less.  I see the impact it makes on the kids when they see me get up and get movin.  Sure I complain about it sometimes, but those little sacrifices that I make to be healthy, they don't feel like sacrifices now, it's just a way of life.  

I wish I could say it was easy.  It's not.  Living healthy is like motherhood.  It's a lifelong commitment.  You'll struggle and you'll find victory but you have to decide what you're willing to sacrifice.  You have to decide if it's worth it to be healthy.  Is it worth it to feel good?  Worth the little sacrifices that will help you learn self control, discipline, and consistency?  Is it worth it to lose the weight?  You have to decide for yourself and maybe right now it's not worth the sacrifice and that's okay.

I just want to tell you the truth.  Going from unhealthy to healthy is NOT EASY but worth it.    It's my lifelong commitment to myself and to my family.  


Enter your email address to subscribe to new posts:


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment